The YWCA TechGYRLS® – S.T.E.A.M. Experience Series seeks to empower young girls (particularly underrepresented girls) in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math and to encourage them to pursue careers within these fields. Through collaboration with area organizations and businesses, the field visits will be led by women within the S.T.E.A.M. industries. Each field visit will provide a hands on experience for the girls.
Girls can participate in all the field visits or just choose the ones they are most interested in! Each session costs $5; however, if a fee causes a financial burden, a waiver will be granted.
*All participants will need to be dropped off at the YWCA and will provide complimentary bussing to their workshop/field visit destination.
Who can participate in TechGYRLS®?
- Girls in grades 3 to 8th grade from the community and schools.
When and Where?
- Use the “Register Here” button above to find all 2023 workshops and descriptions.
How do I register?
- Click on the “Register Here” above to register for 2023 workshops. For more information or if your child needs special accommodations, please contact the Women’s Empowerment Center.
- Interested in volunteering? Please contact the Women’s Empowerment Center.
TechGYRLS® thrives off of community partnerships, donations, and sponsorship.
- Please email Catherine Sendelbach at: firstname.lastname@example.org to become a sponsor or make a donation.
Thank you to the following collaborating businesses and organizations:
- Bellin Health
- Green Bay Botanical Garden
- The Art Garage
- Neville Public Museum
- NWTC-Engineering Department
- Schreiber Foods
- Ayres Associates
- National Railroad Museum