The YWCA ENCORE PROGRAM is a unique opportunity that combines physical and emotional support with education for women who are going through or have completed treatment for cancer and chronic illness of any type or stage.
The YWCA Encore Program offers a 1-month scholarship for unlimited land and water classes and total access to our fully equipped fitness center. The YWCA’s two, 88 degree pools provide an excellent environment for exercise when balance, soreness and joint pain are a concern.
The Encore Networking Group is for women of all ages and phases of survivorship. The group meetings provide a safe setting for socializing and sharing common concerns related to cancer, chronic illness, recovery, surgery and treatments. Guest speakers, local practitioners and health related service representatives are often scheduled to share pertinent information.
Monthly Group Meetings – 10:00 a.m. on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
Goals of the Encore Program
- Relieve discomfort associated with surgery and treatment
- Reduce the potential risk of lymphedema
- Increase flexibility, mobility, and range of motion
- Decrease bone loss with weight bearing exercise
- Build strength
- Improve balance
- Develop cardiovascular endurance
- Maintain and control weight
- Provide relaxation techniques
- Create a positive attitude toward health and life
- Boost self-esteem and self-image
- Create and enjoy friendships and unity
For more information on the Encore program, contact Health & Wellness Director ChrisAnn Walsh
at email@example.com or 920-432-5581, ext 121.