Women of Vision and Membership
The Women of Vision of YWCA of Greater Green Bay giving group was established in 1993 by past YWCA CEO, Patty Payette. For decades, women in our community have provided gifts of $125 or higher to ensure the integrity of the YWCA’s community service programs. Since 1993, donations made by Women of Vision donors have exceeded $1.5 million dollars! This group is imperative to the success of the YWCA.
Why Become a Woman of Vision?
- Can you imagine our community without gender pay gap?
- Can you imagine young women in our community becoming the next great scientists or mathematicians?
- Can you imagine a community where 84% of homeless families are not lead by single mothers?
- Can you imagine all female college graduates earning the same starting salary as their male colleagues?
The programs offered at the YWCA provide ways to affect these statistics. If you want to live in a community where these statistics cease to matter, then please consider becoming a Women of Vision member. A recurring gift of $125 or higher enables “boots on the ground” support of these initiatives.
As a Women of Vision member, you provide essential financial support, which allows the YWCA to offer programs to strengthen young women and families.
Your contribution to Women of Vision directly supports the following programs.
- TechGYRLS® — The first program in the greater Green Bay area to focus on increasing the awareness, confidence and interest of young girls in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
- Women’s Empowerment Center — Empowering women of all economic backgrounds to succeed and thrive in a workplace by providing one-on-one mentoring, job training, leadership development and personal growth workshops.
- Women’s Career Closet — Providing free work-appropriate clothing to women in need to start their careers off on the right track.
WOMEN OF VISION MEMBERSHIP & BENEFITS
WHO WE ARE…
Women of Vision is a dynamic and influential group of women in the Green Bay community who are committed to rallying their resources to eliminate racism and empower women. They stand behind the women they care about while influencing and inspiring our community.
Dynamic. They are filled with ambition to help fulfill our mission and inspire others to make positive changes in their life. Engage in exclusive events to network, socialize, learn and enjoy the company of other women.
Influential. They are female grass roots movers, executives, leaders and philanthropists with resources to create a powerful impact in the lives of women and their families in greater Green Bay.
Committed. They lead by example by giving an annual financial gift of membership to support the YWCA Greater Green Bay and their Economic Advancement, Advocacy & Social Justice and Health and Safety programs that support women, girls, and people of color.
Members will have an opportunity to connect with other Women of Vision members that have chosen to support women and their families within the Green Bay community! Membership levels begin at $125 and range to $5,000 and can be paid annually or monthly.
MEMBERSHIP & BENEFITS…
You will be invited to take part in exclusive events including the Women of Vision Luncheon. Private events are exclusive to Women of Vision members and change every year. Planned events for 2023 are:
- Membership Social and Madison Street Boutique Shopping Night
- Spring/Summer Community Service Project
- Special member raffle at Women of Vision Luncheon
- Reserved Seating at YWCA Signature Events
- Fall/Winter Social & Community Service Project
Your contribution funds women’s programs, scholarships and education. Our power comes from the women & girls we serve and from the Women of Vision who are equally committed to the work of justice. Your membership was vital in meeting the annual operating costs of serving women and children in our community-because of YOU, we were able to provide needed services, programs and membership to 54,540 individuals annually.
Looking to Become a Woman of Vision?
Visionary Banner Campaign
Help us strengthen individuals and empower communities! Your generous donation of $1,000 or more, will be recognized with a colorful 3’x5′ banner visible to 700+ families, members and visitors who pass through our doors per week. Your tax deductible donation will impact programming for YWCA women and their families.
Anyone can participate! You can donate as an individual, group, team, business or even to remember a loved one. These banners will be displayed for one year and can be renewed. Please consider a gift to the Women of Vision-Visionary Banner Campaign to show commitment to our YWCA mission! For more information or to order your banner, please contact Marla Sparks at email@example.com.
Annual Luncheon Event
Women of Vision gather for an annual luncheon to celebrate our community and rally support for YWCA programs benefiting women and girls. Learn more…
For more information on becoming a Woman of Vision, please contact Marla Sparks, Director of Communications and Fund Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920.432.5581 extension 135.